[TowerTalk] Hay Bale twine an affordable alternative from N0AH

W7NN@aol.com W7NN@aol.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 00:14:56 EDT

In a message dated 5/24/00 10:35:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Dinsterdog@aol.com writes:

> ...but I ran into some information
>  about others with 4-squares using UV protected (130lb test) hay bale
>  twine......it is typically oarnge in color.......so, being in the hay
>  business, I decided to give it a try- and the stuff works great at a penny
>  the dollar on well priced nylon/philystran type stuff........For $20, you
> can
>  get 8,000 feet of the stuff-

Several years ago I used this orange bale twine to guy my new 80M 4 square,
as I had seen the master, W7RM do.

Worked fine for about 12 months, then started degrading rapidly.  I replaced
it all with nylon after the second vertical fell down.

By the way, I also raise cattle, so we end up with a lot of this stuff
kicking around that gets lost from the hay bales.  It seems to totally
biodegrade after 2 years or so.

73

Ron
www.hamstuff.com
Contest - DX - Operating Aids and some pretty cool signs