[TowerTalk] Tape Tip: K0FF

K0FF K0FF@ARRL.NET
Fri, 26 May 2000 10:12:11 -0500

When taping rolled up coax or other cable for storage, an easy way to keep
the tape goo off the cable is to make the first wrap or two with the sticky
side out. Then twist it around with the sticky side down, and finish the
wrap.
This works even better with the cellophane tape that they use to secure long
purchases together with at the hardware or lumber store.

I showed the clerk at our local hardware store where I had bought several
lengths of copper pipe for an antenna project, and now they use it all the
time.