[TowerTalk] 300 ohm shielded cable

Bob Wanderer aa0cy@VRINTER.NET
Mon, 29 May 2000 11:26:01 -0400

Sounds more like "messengered" 75-Ohm cable TV drop cable.  The messenger
(or strand) is used for strain relief between the tap port and the house.
The cable would probably be RG6-type although it could be RG59-type.  Other
possibilities include "RG7," RG611," or RG11-type.  The ones in quotes are
"hybrid" cables for the cable TV industry along thje lines of RG8X -- They
are physically the size of RG6 but their attenuation characteristics are
closer to that of RG11.

73
Bob AA0CY

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-towertalk@contesting.com]On Behalf Of KB7WW Art Moe
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2000 5:12 AM
To: Tower; Ant
Subject: [TowerTalk] 300 ohm shielded cable

A spool of the above followed me home from a ham feast and I would
like to try to find out something about it. So here is a description
in hopes that someone can help.

Black jacket
Foil with messenger wire mabey not the right term but a wire in
the foil
Foam installation
Stranded wires that appear to be copper clad steel

Any one have a clue ???

Art
KB7WW