[TowerTalk] Source for 1/8" steel cable?

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 04:35:11 -0600

In my early days in Alabama, I used some 1/8 inch
guy wires (6 strands of galvanized #18) on short
towers.  They got pretty rusty after 10 years.

The jacketed wires should be protected from rust
but I'm concerned about the strength of the clamped
ends, i.e. could the jacket break free and cause a
failure?

de Tom  N4KG