[TowerTalk] Harbach Electronics

ABowenN4OO abowen@nettally.com
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 10:33:41 -0500

Al Harbach, WA4DRU,  has had some very serious medical problems. Recovery
may take a while.

FYI, he designed the saddles, paid for the tooling used in the castings,
selected the alloy and located a supplier willing to make relatively small
lots. He has a substantial investment in the tooling.

He also searched diligently for the lowest cost suppliers for U bolts,
clamps and other hardware offered. He has to make a big investment in
inventory in order to sell for the prices he charges.

During the next several weeks I expect that he will be re-evaluating the
whole business, which BTW, he does as a hobby and a service to fellow
builders.

I am not in contact with Al nor his family. I made these remarks based on
having had a lot of personal conversations with him at the various ham
gatherings, where we discussed his ideas and designs while sharing the
contents of various bottled elixirs.

INK N4OO