[TowerTalk] 80m small antenna

Tom K Osborne w7why@juno.com
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 02:30:33 -0800

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:15:19 EST N4CW@aol.com writes:

> In an apartment, you'll more than likely have problems with
> r.f.  everywhere you don't want it!

I think I would be kinda leery about having a loop strung around my head
and running 3 or 400 watts into it.  Kinda be like hamming in a microwave
oven I would think.  Some ideas about laying aluminum foil around the
attic as a ground plane sounds pretty good.  Seems like that would keep
some of the rf out of the immediate operating area.  Best thing would be
to get it out of the house somehow.  One friend of mine tied his window
frames together and loaded them up.  He had a pretty decent signal on 80
with that setup.  73
Tom W7WHY
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.