[TowerTalk] 80m small antenna

Dave Hollander davidh@getnet.com
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 05:42:56 +0000

Towertalkians........I usually sit by and read the mail on this
reflector but had to throw my two cents in on the small 80 meter
antenna. I lived in an apartment during my divorce a few years ago and
after some fooling around, ended up with an 80 meter 1/4 wave sloper
running from the 2nd floor balcony to a 45 ft high eucalyptus tree about
15 feet away from the balcony. I wrote this episode up and you can read
it here:

http://www.getnet.com/~davidh/bigsig2.html

If you have some trees (at least 25-30 feet high), I would go that route
rather than the attic or gutter antenna - it will work a lot better! I
also put up a full size 1/4 80 meter vertical in a very small space
however that is not an option with CC&Rs. This antenna is published in
"Vertical Antenna Classics" and called "A Big Signal from a Small Lot".

Just some food for thought.

73  and DX,

Dave N7RK

Dave  N7RK -  Webmaster CADXA
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#23 - 75 Meter SSB*

            ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor Collector Extraordinaire preferring Hallicrafters, National
and what ever else looks interesting!

E-Mail: davidh@getnet.com  Home Page:  http://www.getnet.com/~davidh

Visit the Central Arizona DX Association Home page - http://cadxa.org