[TowerTalk] Testing Antennas

john-k1rc@juno.com john-k1rc@juno.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:06:25 -0500

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:06:24 -0000, Tim Makins,  EI8IC wrote:

>Hi to all.  I would be very interested in hearing people's comments
about
>these MFJ Antenna Analysers, as I have been considering the purchase of
one.

Hi Tim,

I agree with Bill, W7TI.  Its a good piece of equipment. Its also great
as a
sig. source for settings charts of tuners feeding open wire line antennas
etc.
In a pinch I've used it as a signal gen (not really stable) for course
alignment of an old radio when not near any test equipment...

I've even made a grid dipper attachment for it. It seems to work pretty
well....

I think you'll find a lot of uses for it..
73,
John K1RC
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.