[TowerTalk] 4sqr

Larry Lindblom w0etc@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:52:05 +0000

A few years ago N0NI had both a bent dipole 80 meter  4 square and another 4
square of 1/4 wave 80 meter verticals fed about 10 ft off the ground. Being
one of the all night low band operators I got to use both of these systems.
The verticals seemed to have a sharper pattern and most of the time were a
few DBs better than the bent dipoles.  But, even the bent dipoles tended to
kick butt most of the time.

73 W0ETC