[TowerTalk] base section

Lonberg, Hank Hank.Lonberg@Harrisgrp.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:00:59 -0800

Arliss:

I would agree with you if the rotating platform is below the last guy set,
i.e., between the last guy point and the base. However if it is above a guy
point the guys take the torsion out and very little should get transmitted
to the base point.

Do the free-body diagram and see for yourself. So you are right and Steve is
right depending on where the rotating mechanism is placed in the system.

73

Hank Lonberg  P.E. / KR7X