[TowerTalk] hardwired 20M stack

KI7WX@aol.com KI7WX@aol.com
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 11:04:43 EDT

Hi folks,

Quick question for stack users.  I'm erecting 4/4 on 20M, 105/50 feet using
M2 20M4DX yagis.  I am seriously considering just hardwiring them together
with a "T" connector using 75 ohm matching sections. For DX contests the
lower antenna will be fixed Europe and I'll spin it around fixed NW for
domestic events.  Top rotates 360 degrees.

My question is for the folks running this type of array with U/L/B switching
-  Just how often do you find the switching capacity to be useful?  From the
West coast there were only a few times I found any single antenna to be
better than the stack (mostly on 10M, very rarely on 15M) and from across
town at AA4NC running stacked 204BAs on 20M I really can't recall anytime
when one was better than both.  Curious if that mirrors the experience of
others running monoband stacks.

Mark
KI7WX/4