[TowerTalk] More questions Lighting protection

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 17:05:30 -0500

> Question 1
> They say to ground the coax shield in three locations,  tower top,
bottom of tower, and where the cable enters the house.    Am I to
understand that I should cut the insulation off of the Hardline and
ground the Hardline shield to the three locations?  How do you make a
good low Z connection to the Hardline and is there a problem with water
getting between the insulation and copper shield.

I'll say it before Steve does - Visit www.championradio.com and look at
the Polyphaser UNI-KITS and/or look/read about them at
www.polyphaser.com.
The UNI-KIT fastens around the bare shield of the hardline.  You then
wrap the whole assembly with Vapor-Wrap, then a few layers of Scotch 88.
No need to worry about moisture after that.  The UNI-KIT has a length of
copper strap with it to attch to your ground.

Norm, I'll send you a picture of mine.  73