[TowerTalk] Cushcraft X-9

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:13:38 EDT

In a message dated 10/3/00 7:58:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time, km6iu@jps.net
writes:

> I have a Cushcraft X-9 to assemble next week.
>  I have heard general comments that the assembly instructions are
>  brief/incomplete and the parts not all clearly marked.[ and it is easy
>  to assemble a couple of things wrong and to conclude parts are missing]
>
>  Would those who have been thru this experience please give me some input
>  on specific areas/problems to expect?

    As I recall (this was 18 months ago), the CC instructions are okay. The
problem is that there are so many danged parts and trying to get all the
parts assembled takes awhile. I can put a C31XR together in about six hours;
I think the X9 was over ten.

    We had the booms and all the elements assembled for an X( and C31XR and
started attaching the elements to the boom. I had just finished the second X9
element and the guy putting the C31XR together was DONE!

    I don't remember any real problems. Have you looked at the instructions?
(CC just has drawings but they work FB.) You can download the instructions
from their website if you want to take a look at them.

Cheers,    Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech