[TowerTalk] More questions Lighting protection

Bob Wanderer aa0cy@VRINTER.NET
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:07:36 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-towertalk@contesting.com]On Behalf Of WA9ALS -
John
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2000 6:06 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More questions Lighting protection

> Question 1
> They say to ground the coax shield in three locations,
tower top,
bottom of tower, and where the cable enters the house.    Am
I to
understand that I should cut the insulation off of the
Hardline and
ground the Hardline shield to the three locations?  How do
you make a
good low Z connection to the Hardline and is there a problem
with water
getting between the insulation and copper shield.

I'll say it before Steve does - Visit www.championradio.com
and look at
the Polyphaser UNI-KITS and/or look/read about them at
www.polyphaser.com.
The UNI-KIT fastens around the bare shield of the hardline.
You then
wrap the whole assembly with Vapor-Wrap, then a few layers
of Scotch 88.
No need to worry about moisture after that.  The UNI-KIT has
a length of
copper strap with it to attch to your ground.

Norm, I'll send you a picture of mine.  73

>>>Unless they've changed the offering in the past three
years, the Uni-Kits should come with weatherproofing stuff
73
Bob AA0CY/3
ex PolyPhaser Technical Consultant

--