[TowerTalk] Animals Chewing the Ropes

K3SV@aol.com K3SV@aol.com
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:10:47 EDT

The other morning I found one of my vertical support ropes had been chewed
through, by either a deer, groundhog, fox or possum.  The vertical array is
near a corn field that doesn't get cut until November.  There are a number of
deer in this field, but I've also seen fox and the other varmits.

Does anyone have a suggestion for something I could put on the dacron ropes?
I was thinking of using low guage stainless cable for the first five or six
feet, but then I wondered if that was a good idea, thinking that if they got
tangled in the cable I would have a real mess with antennas coming down.  tnx
es 73 de Bill