[TowerTalk] New 55G Rotator Shelves

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Fri, 06 Oct 2000 01:20:03 -0700

Antronics of Oregon, Inc. now has new, improved Rotator
Shelves for 55G available for immediate delivery.  These
first class shelves are fabricated by Paul Nyland, K7PN,
Custom Metalworks.  If you have Rohn 55 tower, you are
probably well aware of the Rohn AS455G Rotator Shelf
shortcomings:

1.  They don't really fit right since they are made to
attempt to fit both 45G and 55G and 55G legs are a little
farther apart than 45G legs.  You have to try to "stretch"
the AS455G to fit a 55G tower.  No longer!  Our shelves are
not intended for use on 45G and they fit 55G beautifully.

2.  The Rohn AS455G shelf metal itself is really too light
for the job it is expected to do.  No longer!  Our shelf
metal is about twice as thick as the AS455G shelf metal.

Plus we have a few other nice "extras" too.

1.  We supply them with the improved mechanically galvanized
ubolts (6 of them, in the same configuration as the Rohn
shelf).

2.  The hole pattern is the same as the Rohn shelf but we
use a precision drilling template to drill the holes so they
can be smaller for a better fit and less slop or movement of
the rotator on the shelf.

3.  We have another model of the same shelf drilled for
either a TB3 or TB4 thrust bearing so you can put a thrust
bearing down inside the tower and on a stronger shelf.

These shelves look almost exactly like the Rohn AS455G.
They are hot dip galvanized and the best news is they are
the same price as the AS455G!  Antronics of Oregon can
supply you with either model of this shelf for $84.24 plus
shipping.

We have not had time to assign a part number to either of
these shelves yet so you will need to order by description.
We have not had time to add them to our web page yet either
but you can see other information about our standard Rohn
stuff and Custom Metalworks rotating sidemounts on our web
page at <http://www.reprise.com> click on Antronics of
Oregon, Inc.

We have plans for more neat stuff later . . .

Stan
w7ni@teleport.com