[TowerTalk] RE: Question

Dave Hachadorian k6ll@juno.com
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:38:58 -0600

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000 17:14:39 +0100 "Tyler Stewart" <k3mm@ex-pressnet.com>
writes:

> I would suspect that the problem with the XM240 could have been
> solved by
> simply uninsulating the reflector.  That is the only substantial
> electrical
> difference between the 402CD and the XM240.  That fix should be as
> simple as
> putting a short jumper at the center of the reflector to the boom

Another thing to try is to change the length of the feedline on the
XM240.
It is possible to make the cushcraft driven element resonant on
10, 15 or 20 if an unfortunate choice is made on the length of the
40 meter feedline. The random length of unused feedline dangling off
the 40 adds a reactance that could mess up the tribander.

A local guy reported an swr of 4:1 on his KLM tribander until he
changed the length of the 40 meter feedline on the cushcraft, which
solved the tribander problem.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com