[TowerTalk] Cush R7000 - isolate failure box/vertical

Turner, Robert D. Jr Robert.Turner@ibx.com
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 15:02:01 -0400

I have the original R7000.  The version selling now has redesigned traps.

I had intermittent problems also.  Screws holding traps together worked
loose.  Probelem was worse on lowest trap.  This resulted in intermittent
connections.

After removing screws, cleaning screws, cleaning trap area under screw and
reasemble they worked.  I also had a couple of poor solder joints in plastic
box.  Cable ties that hold a toroid had snapped, causing its weight to hang
on solder joints.

The repair was done 1-2 years ago.  Still working ok.

73
Bob
N2SCJ

-----Original Message-----
From: david feldman [mailto:wb0gaz@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2000 1:25 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cush R7000 - isolate failure box/vertical

The R7000 here has developed a pretty serious intermittent problem which
looks like a failure in the input connector, however, that is not the cause
(I've dissected the "box", replaced the input connector, reheated all solder

joints, etc.)... I can't further isolate the problem so I thought it might
help to put a resistor or something across the decoupled output (top &
mid-box connectors) to see if the intermittent is in the box or in the
vertical part itself. Anyone tried this and if so what would be a suitable
"dummy" load?

73 Dave WB0GAZ wb0gaz@hotmail.com