[TowerTalk] MFJ 259B Pete: Don't buy MFJ 259B! DE K0FF

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 17:26:58 -0400

At 04:12 PM 10/20/00 -0500, K0FF wrote:
>The MFJ 259B is a wonderful piece of test gear for any ham. The new MFJ 269
>looks even wonderful-er! Spend the extra few bucks and get the latest and
>greatest.
>Soon as I can find someone to buy my MFJ 259 (not "B") I'm gonna write the
>check myself.

Thanks, George, but other than UHF coverage, all it really seems to add is
the coax length calculator, the 12-bit vs 8-bit A/D converter, readout of
parall equivalent R and J, and the ability to measure SWR and line loss at
a lot of different line characteristic impedances.  It doesn't sound worth
$100 extra to me, so I hope the 259B will stay in production.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at