[TowerTalk] Another Bigboy rotor question

Frank Ayers w2fca@qsl.net
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:13:41 -0400

Howdy
I have a bigboy rotor. The control box is coming soon. Since this part of
the country gets real cold and windy around now I'm hoping to have every
thing set up so that I can install this right after the box gets here.
Here's my question. I note the directions on the web site say a 10 conductor
cable is needed. I look in the rotor and see 6 connections which look like
motor common, left, right, and three pot leads. Why do I need 10 conductor
cable? If that's what I need I can get some quickly enough, but I'd like to
know what the wires are for.
Oh yeah - I don't have the manual yet otherwise I'd just look it up in
there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Frank
W2FCA