[TowerTalk] Re: [Antennas] Dipole

Larry Crim k4ab@email.msn.com
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:16:40 -0500

ATanner283@aol.com wrote:
>Hi all.....I am putting together a rotatable dipole for 40  meters. I am gg
>to mount it about 10 feet or so above a HyGain TH-7. What are the thoughts
on
>this??? Should I mount it at 90 deg to the tribander or 0 degrees?? I just
>cant get it much above that. Have Rohn 25 tilt over tower at 60 feet.
Thanks
>for any help..............Al/W8FAX

Al,

You already have a great 40m rotary dipole...your TH-7.  Check the archives,
or NCJ articles about gamma matching your boom for 40m.  Most of these
articles are written by N4KG.  I also believe someone has a web site with
pictures depicting their matching method.

I've used a gamma matched TH-6 boom on 40 for years....I works great.  No
need to go through all the trouble of installing an additional dipole...much
less any interaction problem.

73,
Larry K4AB