[TowerTalk] Cushcraft 40-2CD Tidbit

N4CW@aol.com N4CW@aol.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:50:52 EDT

Amen to the rusty screw on the loading coils...this past weekend I assisted
KI7WX with some antenna work, and he was checking the continuity across the
turned out that he had forgotten to peel back the insulation on one end of
one coil; when he did peel it back, it revealed a very rusty screw connection
between the aluminum tubing and the wire from the coil. After shining up the
metal surfaces and treating them with anti-oxidizing goop, the screw was
replaced with a SS bolt and re-sealed.
I just thought this testimony would complement K3ND's experience and drive
home the point he made.
73, Bert N4CW