[TowerTalk] Bigboy rotor/First Call comments

Pat Thurman thurman@primenet.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:55:17 -0700

jeg wrote:

> I emailed the ProSistel
> company in Italy (the manufacturer) and CC'ed the email to First
Call.  In
> the email I explained my experience with First Call's "service??".
> Amazingly enough, in ONE HOUR I got an email from First Call saying a
> C box had been shipped.  What a coincidence!  By the way, the owner of

> ProSisTel took time to explain to me the manufacturing and parts
> procurement difficulties they encountered in producing the C box.

Interesting comments.  My experience is that I complained to Joel via an
email about
the C box losing its memory if not used for six months and that evening,
I got a
response direct from Gianni at ProSisTel.

He explained that they designed the box that way for 'security'
reasons.  He
indicated that if that problem happened they would send a password to
permit
resetting of the software and permit operation like new.  I followed up
with a response
that if I should lose the box software during say a contest, that I
might be dead in the water
with no way to rotate antennas - thus not a particularly good solution.

Gianni responded that they will release a software program in the next
week or so
that will accomplish the same thing and allow the owner to reset the C
box to factory
original condition permitting operation to continue.  He mentioned that
no one else
knows that, so evidently I was one of the first that he told.  While not
perfect,
it's certainly better to know that I do have some control of the
situation in the
event of a problem.

I have no way to comment on the other issues you mentioned, but I'm
pleased that they
intend to address this issue.
----
73,  Pat  K7KR