[TowerTalk] ? Yagi Interaction on 15m: KT34XA and XM240

Bob Wolbert k6xx@juno.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:45:18 -0700

Seems to me that I always read a slightly higher SWR at higher power.

Remember, most SWR bridges are non-linear at low power levels because a
semiconductor diode is used as a detector. These diodes have a "knee"
where virtually no current flows beneath a certain forward voltage level
(about 0.3V for Ge, 0.6V for Si). This causes low reading errors at very
low power levels that are often ignored by the printed meter scale.

This wouldn't explain errors where the (REFLECTED and forward) RF voltage
is more than a volt or so.

73 de Bob, K6XX

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.