[TowerTalk] Bigboy rotor/First Call comments

Bob Wanderer aa0cy@VRINTER.NET
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:17:50 -0400

Well, Dick, you ARE supposed to insure that unauthorized
personnel cannot operate your ham station!

73, Bob AA0CY/3

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-towertalk@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-towertalk@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Dick
Flanagan
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 12:05 AM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re:[TowerTalk] Bigboy rotor/First Call comments

Pat Thurman <thurman@primenet.com> wrote:

>Interesting comments.  My experience is that I complained
to Joel via an
email about the C box losing its memory if not used for six
months
and that evening, I got a response direct from Gianni at
ProSisTel.

He explained that they designed the box that way for
'security'
reasons. He indicated that if that problem happened they
would send a
password...

Security reasons?  Password??  This is an antenna rotor, not
an ATM.  :|

73, Dick
--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of
Reno)

--
FAQ on WWW:
http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/towertalk