[TowerTalk] Lightning... and pointed rods!

Brian Smithson bsmithson@alventive.com
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:54:13 -0400

I have absolutely no scientific basis for this, but I grew
suspicious of the real effectiveness of those porcupines as
I was coming home from as business trip. We were landing in
low clouds passing near some power lines. Those power towers
are higher than my towers and yet they still seemed pretty
small even at 'final approach' altitude. Sure seems hard to
believe any sort of 'spiny ball' on one of them would have
much affect on cloud/ground charges.

-Brian n8wrl