[TowerTalk] Mosley S-402 ????? Thanks

David J. Windisch davidw@copper.net
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:21:28 -0400

Hi, Art, et al.:

If you have the model with rectangular-aluminum-tube element-to-boom
adapters, which collapse when you tighten the U-bolts, get a rectangular
piece of steel about 6" long which just fits inside, grease the bejeebers
out of it, and hammer it into the center of the minimula tube.   This
spreads the dimples, and you can re-shape (ahem!) the tube with a hammer.
Bash the steel outta there, clean out the grease, and hammer a rectangular
piece of something  that doesn't squash -- I used shaped layers of
plexiglass from another catastrophe -- into the center, and drill it for the
U-bolts.

Replace the couple dozen or so  #10 or #12 minimula element/insulator bolts
with stainless.   Inspect the element insulators carefully.    I built
several replacements  out of delrin.

Take the loading-coil covers off carefully and inspect the insides.

The elements had 3 settings, for, roughly, 7.05, 7.15, and 7.25, I think.
I used 7.05 across the band with a tuner.   On one, I found the settings,
and tack-welded the elements.

A wire 30M dipole can be suspended from the DE-tips with insulating string,
and connected to the feed terminals.

More questions?   Pls ask.   I've owned and/or put up just a few of these
imo good-performing antennas.   When/if I get a tower back up, I'll build a
chinese copy if I can't find one to buy.

GL, 73, CU in the pileups.

Dave, K3BHJ

P.S.:  I'll give you $26 for it, if you ship <BG>