[TowerTalk] The tower business

jmax@attglobal.net jmax@attglobal.net
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 07:58:36 -0700

The following was sent to me by a friend who doesn't
want to get involved with TowerTalk, so I'm doing
the posting.  Interesting stuff.

73.  Jim, W6CF

Wireless Tower Sector Continues Impressive Growth

7:55:47 AM 9/1/2000 Bonds of companies that build towers for paging,
cellular and mobile radio services have been raking in the money.
Analysts attribute the success of tower builders to the astronomical
growth in the wireless market. More and more people are transmitting
paging messaging, access the wireless Internet and making cellphone
calls. The bond market in this sector is expected to grow even
further as more competitors penetrate the wireless market and as
carriers move to next-generation services (2.5G and 3G). The most
successful high-yield companies in the wireless tower sector are
Pinnacle Holdings and SBA Communications, whose bond prices have
jumped from the mid-50s a year ago to the 70s today. Reported by Dow
Jones Newswires.