[TowerTalk] X9 plus 40m

R. Otto R. Otto" <N8NGA@one.net
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 19:54:11 -0400

Hello Mirko,

I just went through the same exercise about a month ago.  I was really
impressed with the adds for the X9.  The members of this list were
most helpful and most of the comments I received on the X9's
performance were very favorable.

To be honest though, I found the performance specs CC had in their
articles almost unbelievable so I did some further investigation.
There is an independent report that was done some time ago, and
recently updated, that rated the top beams for gain, F/B, Freq.
spread, VSR, etc.  The KT34XA came out in the middle of the pack --
it's not a bad antenna....it's just that there are better antennas.
The top performer was the Force12 C31XR, with the X9 a close second. I
bought the C31XR.

You can buy a copy of this report for a nominal charge (considering
the investment you're making in the beam) at
http://www.championradio.com/.   Champion Radio is a dealer for
Force12, but don't let that put you off........the report was
independently done.

Additionally, I called to ask some technical questions about the C31XR
and actually spoke to the designer of the beam.  He spent a great deal
of time with me, helping me decide on several issues besides the beam.
The time he spent with me was really important to me, and became a
significant factor in my decision to buy the antenna. It wasn't a
sales/marketing B/S discussion -- he really spent the time to help me
out.

73's from.......

Bob Otto
N8NGA@one.net
Cincinnati, Ohio

DXCC 10M         ** DX is !! **        WAS 10M
       There is a very fine line between
         "HOBBY" and "MENTAL ILLNESS"
When trouble arises and things look really bad,
there is always one individual who perceives a
solution and is willing to take command.
      VERY OFTEN THAT PERSON IS CRAZY!