[TowerTalk] 9A4SP SK

Bob Otto Bob Otto <N8NGA@one.net>
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 20:16:04 -0400

For you DX'rs on Towertalk -- I will pass this on to the list. If you
have a moment, it would be nice to sign the "book" at the webpage.

73's from........

Bob Otto
N8NGA@one.net
Cincinnati, Ohio

DXCC 10M        ** DX is !! **        WAS 10M
  "If you need to know -- you need to ask!"

We were deeply shocked to learn of the tragic murder of our dear friend
Pero Simundza, 9A4SP, also 4W6SP, T98P and ZA/9A4SP, who was one of three
UN aid workers killed on 6th September in Atambua, West Timor.

Pero worked for the UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees)
since 1992. He was based in Metkovic, Croatia, during the war in Bosnia and
Herzegovina, helping with humanitarian aid efforts. He was later based at
the UNHCR office in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and worked there with
the Bosnian call sign T98P. Before he joined UNHCR in West Timor earlier
this year, Pero spent few months in Albania helping UNHCR Operations during
Kosovo crisis.

Some of you know him as 9A4SP, some as T98P or ZA/9A4SP. He was among first
operators working from East Timor and gave new-one for some of you as
4W6SP. In this hard moments for his family, all working colleagues and
friends, we are asking you to enter few words in online condolence book
(http://www.qsl.net/9a4sp) which later will be handed to his family.

Pero, may rest in peace, we will always remember you.

Willy 9A4NA and Boris T93Y

---
Boris Knezovic T93Y, P.O. Box 59, Sarajevo BA-71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
E-mail   : t93y@lsinter.net or t93y@qsl.net
WEB Page : http://www.qsl.net/t93y
---