[TowerTalk] Tram question.

K3BU@aol.com K3BU@aol.com
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:21:56 EDT

In a message dated 9/8/2000 10:50:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
fox@obsolete.org writes:

>  The antenna hangs underneath the tram line, which leaves me in a
>  dilema. Would it be possible to tram the C31XR up to 100' than
>  remove the tram line and attempt to lift or hoist the antenna
>  into place a foot or two above where the tram line left it? Or,
>  would it be ok to affix the tram to the 2" 6061T6 alluminum tubing?

Depends on the angle and amount of pull you are exerting on the system.
The simplest way would be lift it with tram you have, tie the boom to the
tower, remove the tram. Clamp pulley to the mast above the mounting position
of antenna, run rope over it to the boom. Put tension on it, untie the boom
and lift it to the position and put boom clamps. You will have no problem
lifting it vertically up, very little bending moment on the mast.

GL  Yuri, K3BU