[TowerTalk] Verticals of Telescoping Aluminum

k4sqr@juno.com k4sqr@juno.com
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 21:50:28 -0400

Hi Tom;

Comtek customers report:
Purchase 9 each 30' sections of 3 " o.d. Cut 3 foot pc. from the "ninth"
piece, then cut it vertically. Open slightly and place evenly at splice
of two sections.. Use stainless hose clamps , 2 above and 2 below splice.
Triplicate for three more verticals.

64' models of 3" irrigation tubing are guyed two levels with dacron rope
in 80m 4-Squares.

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000 19:57:26 -0400 "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
writes:

> I was just getting ready to ask about this!
> > I found 1000 feet of 6 inch for $2000, and 5000 feet of 4" for $5500
> > (all of it is used, but looks good).
>
> How do you couple the sections together? With the regular clamps
> they use? How often do you need to guy it?
>
> I'd like to make some 80-100 foot verticals from it if I could. I
> was thinking of getting a sign truck to pick it up and hold it while
the
> guys were pulled tight.
>
> This seems like a cheap way to get some verticals, if it will stay
> up.
>

> 73, Tom W8JI
> w8ji@contesting.com
>
> --