[TowerTalk] FCC RF Safety Regs Info Sept 1

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 08:08:54 -0600

N4KG comments follow.

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000  "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com> writes:

> the study proved causation. Studies of low frequency EM fields
> have indicated that unless you are in prolonged close "occupational"
> proximity to power lines, there is no evidence of increased risk for
disease
> (e.g. its safe to live next to powerlines). All this should be put in
> proper perspective though.
>
> It indeed should, because the "prolonged close proximity to low
> frequency power lines" you quote above comes from the corrupted
> study!!!
>
> See how this stuff gets going?
>
> The only study that has ever linked (and there has been only one)
> cellular damage to non-ionizing radiation without actual heat
> damage was the flawed study that resulted in government action to
> recover money and suppress the data in the study!
>
> If you aren't burning, cooking, or electrocuting yourself, you are
> safe as far as any study has shown to date.
>

> 73, Tom W8JI
> w8ji@contesting.com

Well said Tom.

Anybody know of any health problems among people who
work at AM Broadcast stations which run from 1KW to
50KW,  CONTINUOUSLY, day in and day out?

I don't.

Most AM station studios are within falling distance (<1/4 WL)
of their towers.

How about the REALLY   BIG  transmitters in Europe and Russia?

And we are getting all stirred up about relatively low power and
very LOW duty cycle amateur transmissions?  Give me a break!

de  Tom  N4KG

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.