[TowerTalk] Yaesu 800SA rocker switch

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 11:41:09 -0400

My new Yaesu G-800SA rotator does not have a preset control, but the
Left-Right rocker switch locks in either direction if pressed a little
harder than necessary for momentary contact.  Since this rotator is for the
bottom side-mounted antenna in a stack, I'm a little concerned that the
dreaded 4AM syndrome will cause me to run it up against one or another stop
and fry the motor.

Has anyone had experience with either modifying the rocker switch or
installing one from a preset rotator that doesn't have the locking feature?

Thanks in advance.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database