[TowerTalk] Re: my Phillystran question

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 00:05:26 EDT

In a message dated 9/11/00 6:03:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ndavis@vt.edu
writes:

<< to my Friday Phillystran question.

 The emails all said the same thing:  to "replace" 3/16 EHS, the appropriate
 Phillystran would be rated at the strength:  4000 pounds -- model number
 HPTG40001 in the Texas Towers catalog.  Tension to the same 400 pounds as
 the EHS (following the 10% rule).

 Most of the folks also said that they thought using Phillystran would be
 worth the money in the long run -- or at least keep me from thinking about
 "would the antenna have worked better if only I had used Phillystran ..."
:-)

 Thanks again.

 Nat Davis
 N >>

Computer test show you only need 1/2 WL of Phillystrand form the tower down
to isolate the beam from any affect of the guys from there on down.  On 20M
use 36' Phillystrand guys starting at the tower.  The lower metal guys can be
a 1/4 Wave on 80 or 40 depending on the tower height with radials around the
ground tie point.  Put the guys to work.  k7gco