[TowerTalk] 40 meter antenna fix thanks

James H. Fitzpatrick, Jr. jhfitzpa@facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:05:03 -0500

Thanks to all those who replied to me on my 40 meter antenna problem. I
neglected to mention (old age) that there is a 204BA above the Cushy 40.
However, as many suggested, by slinging the boom off the mast or gin pole it
may be possible to rotate the boom and swing the element close enough to the
tower to fix it. I think the riveting suggestions are excellent. I've done
some diagraming, and it looks at least feasible, even with the higher
antenna. If it doesn't work, I probably will tram it, which I want to avoid
for a number of reasons, one of the major of which is the time involved. It
would be almost an all day project for something that will take 5 minutes to
do. I'm not a tower pro so these things take me longer than it would such a
person. I made another post on that subject to show my thinking. I tried to
reply privately to all who helped me, so if I missed anyone I apologize.

73 to all

Jim WI9WI