[TowerTalk] Re 40 repair

JACK w1wef@capecod.net
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 11:39:50 -0400

I have worked on my CC 40 antennas  on the tower in the following
manner. I tie a rope around the boom from as far as I can reach on one
side of the mast to the same distance on the opposite side, leaving
about 3 ft slack rope length. Clove hitches work well.   I then attach
the gin pole rope to the center of that rope. I unbolt the boom to mast
clamp, and lower the antenna at least half the boom length. I then swing
the antenna on the gin pole rope as far as I have to to reach what it is
I want to fix. In your case, you will probably want to swing the boom
almost to the end, tie it to the tower, and remove the whole element. GL
73 JACK