[TowerTalk] Re: Beverage boxes

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 06:42:16 -0600

I use the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid).

My Beverage auto-transformers are wound on 1 inch cores
which I suspend from the wires to the feedline, ground
rod, and Beverage wire.  This assembly is then pushed
up inside an inverted plastic bottle over the top of the
ground rod.  NO coax connectors.  SIMPLE and CHEAP.
Works for me.

I know, the purists will tell me that I am compromising
my performance.  Hey, I don't even terminate my Beverages.
I still hear plenty of DX on the Beverages that I can't copy
on my transmit antennas.  Results?  Only need A5, BS7, P5
on 40M,  and only need ~16 countries on 80M.  160 could
be better (have 240+ countries). 10 or more acres would help.

de  Tom  N4KG

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.