[TowerTalk] Re: What was his name

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:48:55 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/00 1:12:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time, EAvila@caiso.com
writes:

<<
 In the 80's I worked for one of Charles Litton's (Litton Industries fame)
 sons Larry and he explained to me removing just one part, say an IC costing
 him $1/ea where he would sell a million units, would put $1-million bucks in
 his pocket! So, we'd work on a design to bring some creation to life, then
 the "real" engineers would take over eliminating as many parts as possible
 before the thing we created stopped working!

 /ed /k6sdw

I've arranged a "Special Oven in Hell" for these guys.  They along with poor
Quality Assurance end up destroying more products and potential sales than
any other factor I know.  The techniques one uses often based on
"conventional wisdom" often misleads many also.  An open mind can save you a
lot of poor performance.  That "Tool" is not taught in schools and is your
sole responsibiliy to develop one.

Zenith had the best radios by far in the 30's & 40's.  They didn't allow
employment
of these compromise experts and their thinking.  Collins, HP, Raibeam, M
Squared and Antenna Mart have avoided their employment also.  k7gco