[TowerTalk] Really long RX Beverages de K0FF

K0FF K0FF@ARRL.NET
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:29:14 -0500

A while back (mid 60's) I worked with a fellow in the St. Louis Police
department (he was a CW op for them, I was radioman), who told me that he
had previously put in 28 years with American Airlines as a CW man, and they
used a very low frequency to run their reservations operation. Must have
been way below the broadcast band. The was he described the setup, CW worked
fine, but when they transmitted voice on AM, the receive antennas (very long
wires)  were so sharp that they rejected the carrier and one sideband, and
they had to reinsert it at the receive end, as if the signal were SSB.

Anyone else ran across this in the LF bands?

73, Geo>K0FF