[TowerTalk] Force12 disassembly

WD4K WD4K@Bellsouth.Net
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:05:33 -0500

Hi Don, last year I moved and took down my C31XR, disassembled it and put it
on a trailer for the move. I drilled out all of the rivets necessary to get
it to a movable size(element lengths). I bundled it well and it traveled
just fine. It was reassembled here with absolutely no problems whatsoever.
Since then I have added a 2nd C31 in the stack and both new and "moved"
C31's work well. The secret is taking your time, deciding how much length
you can move safely, then shorten everything to that length. Just be careful
when drilling out the rivets, take your time and plan. Use the assmebly
manual that came with the unit, use noalox when reassembling and you will be
just fine. 73, Tommy WD4K