[TowerTalk] FORSALE 120' AB-105 Tower

w2xx@cloud9.net w2xx@cloud9.net
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 19:07:08 GMT

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I never saw it come by on the reflector after
posting it.

Greetings:

It is with reluctance that I post this message, but circumstances leave me
with little choice.

I have a 120' AB-105 tower for sale.  This is the original heavy-duty tower,
built for the military and in use at major contest stations including the
likes of W3LPL and W7RM to name a few.

It is a 24" face "erector-set" type of tower.  All the sections and
cross members bolt together for easy construction and removal.  100' of
this tower fits in a crate 10' x 1' x 1'.

It weighs about 140 pounds a section.  I have the complete tower, including
the horizontal ladder steps for easy climbing up one face, 3 custom made
rotor/thrust bearing shelves, 3 sets of 1/4" EHS guys broken up with
502 insulators and turnbuckles etc.  I also have some of the original
documentation from the Army including assembly instructions and can provide
a set of plans to submit to your local building department if need be.

The tower is in excellent condition and is currently up at my
QTH in Cortlandt Manor, NY, about 50 miles North of NY City.

I'm asking $2750 for the package but you have to take it down and remove
it.

Please contact me via email (w2xx@cloud9.net) or by phone (212) 981-7362
(work)
or (914) 837-3720 (cellular) if you are serious about buying it or would
like more
information.

73, J.P. W2XX