[TowerTalk] PL258s and Double Males are OK!

Robert Shohet kq2m@mags.net
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 07:50:36 -0400

Hi Tim,

>  ------------snip---------------

> PL258 and double male quality is related to cost. There is no free lunch.
If you
> don't want to risk an outage during a contest, isn't it better to spend
the
> money on the best solution the first time rather than having a failure and
> having to spend money twice?

> 73,
> Tim K3LR

I have always believed that doing things right the first time is the ONLY
thing that makes sense, which is why I asked the questions before I started
this project.  After receiving several responses  I have come to the
conclusion that I should solder the pl258 to the hardline and then either
use a 1/4 wl coaxial line or a double male (amphenol only) to attach to the
T's or other stubs.  It is not what I hoped for but seems that no one else
(who responded) has found success in trying to solder a pl259 to 3/4"
hardline.  Thanks to all who responded!

73

Bob KQ2M