[TowerTalk] Your opinion on 40 mtr antenna

Dave Hachadorian k6ll@juno.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:18:23 -0600

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:52:03 EDT KF0FN@aol.com writes:

> should I put 2 elements above the existing TH6 and if so which
> one will
> give less interaction?

I would recommend the cushcraft 2 el 40.

I have a cushcraft 2el 40 six feet above a KT-34XA, booms in
line, and they both work very well. The cushcraft reflector
is not resonant on 10,15,or 20, so shouldn't harm the TH-6.
TH-6 and TH-7 users have reported minimal or no interaction.

You have to be a little careful about the length of feedline
you have connected to the 40 driven element. Some lengths of
feedline, hanging off the 40, can cause the 40 driven element to
resonate near 10,15 or 20 when you are trying to operate the th-6
on those bands. Experiment by shorting/unshorting the 40 meter
feedline, while observing the swr on the th-6. If the swr
changes, add or subtract some feedline length to the 40, until
the swr no longer changes.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear, CA
K6LL@juno.com