[TowerTalk] replacement bolt for Rohn Thrust bearing DE K0FF

David Clemons dave@egh.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:49:29 EDT

	RE: Never grease galvanized or SS bolts before assembly.

	I have found an application of Anti-Seize (available from
	automotive supply stores) prevents stainless steel bolts
	from galling, and also aids removal of galvanized steel bolts
	when necessary.

	I have never found any of the bolts to have problems with loosening
	when I used this stuff.  (I also use a light application it on my
	tire lugs so they won't rust, thus allowing me to change a tire by
	myself without requiring an impact wrench.  I have heard some people
	say this is dangerous because the lug nuts could back off, but I
	have not experienced any loosening after some 600,000 miles on a
	total of 3 cars.)  YMMV.

73, Dave Clemons K1VUT

Dave Clemons

dave@egh.com