[TowerTalk] 1/4-1/2 wave nonsense summary

Dinsterdog@aol.com Dinsterdog@aol.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:30:13 EDT

I'm confused by all this "insert here" emails between W8JIP and K7GCO- Can
some one please send me the desk top version on disk- Perhaps someone could
put Bobby "MFJ" Knight's comments in blue and Bulldog K7GCO's in red- I've
printed out close to 15 pages just between their postings on open wire line
vs coax etc.............not to mention some very creative email sent to me
personally from Tom himself- which of course I've shared with others- Anyhow,
can any one please tell me objectively what it all means in 50 words or less?

Something like:

For short runs, applying certain types of 50 ohm coax through your trusty MFJ
tuner provides a convenient means to get the signal to the antenna.  For long
runs, low loss 75 ohm open wire feedline is an alternative when properly
applied"

I don't know, I just have to give the edge of this 15 rounder to K7GCO-  Lets
see, a MFJ design engineer vs a guy with 60 years of professional radio
experience-

73  Paul