[TowerTalk] Johnson Match Box

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 17:57:41 EDT

Charles:  The suggestions below are very good.  I would go further and take
it appart totally and look for brunt switches etc as I suggested in one of my
posts.  It's over 50 years old and feedline of the wrong length could have
been used with it.  Why didn't you ask me directly?  I have as much
experience with them as anyone and am always glad to help MB users--do the
impossible.  Did you get the other suggestions of adding a swtich to select
different taps and to make sure the 50 ohm tap in the 275 W version is
connected to 2 turns of the link?

Many like N4KG have had great success with the MB.  If you listen to those
with all the math it probably won't work for you.  With all due respect to
math which I use all the time there is a test that will save you a lot of
math-professional-know-it-all- embarrassment which is this Old K7GCO Axiom."
                           "ONE TEST IS WORTH 1000 OPINIONS"
No Engineering Degrees are needed either.  Remember the Bumble Bee is not
supposed to be able to fly either the Air Flow Math people claim also.  It
does indeed fly.  There is a rumor that one of the TT contributors actually
wrote that report but it's being suppressed?  I would suggest you listen to
those who know how to make things work in HR--preferably without all kinds of
math.  You are free to take you pick.  If I can help you in any way to
enhance your $20 investment feel free to call on me at any time.  The math
people often tell you what you CAN'T do.  Challenge them if they actually
tried it and ask to see their data.  The often become very quiet.  I'll tell
you what you CAN DO and at the least cost like the $20 you paid where
commercial tuners are very very expensive.  Another Match Box Success Story.
Keep me posted on your progress.  Until then The "Lone Defender" says 73's
and rides off into the RF Sunset on my Silver Plated Horse Vector.  K7GCO