[TowerTalk] Suggestions on Lighting Arrestor Location

Dick Flanagan dick@libelle.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:14:41 -0700

>Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:44:45 -0500
>From: "Mike Foerster" <mike.foerster@home.com>
>
>I've got my tower up (48ft) and beam (TH11DX)  and I have a couple questions
>on the grounding of the system.  SWR is great!

Hi, Mike.

I coordinated my tower grounding system with two Polyphaser engineers and
they came up with the following rule of thumb:

Ground all shields at a minimum of three points:

1.  At the top of the tower.

2.  At the bottom or the tower where the coax makes its turn toward the shack.

3.  Where the coax enters the building.

The coax should enter the building through a common ground window and I run
all equipment grounds in the shack back to the same window.

Polyphaser has a lot of good amateur-specific information at their web site
http://www.polyphaser.com

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.cvrc.net/