[TowerTalk] Brass connectors and hardline Center Conductor!

Robert Shohet kq2m@mags.net
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 09:36:50 -0400

Dear TT'ers,

A couple of unanswered questions from the other day...

> I know that Copper does fine outside in the Wx.  I am assuming that Brass
> does also.  Is this correct?
>
> Since the CC of my 3/4" fused disc hardline is too thick, I am going to
> "take some off" with Emery Cloth.  In the process of reducing the diameter
> will be also removing the CC copper plated coating.

Since the hardline CC will be inserted directly into the PL258 (the CC
really IS too thick to spread in the
> pl258), I assume that if the NON-COPPER part of the CC fits "snugly"
inside the PL258 there will be no need to
> solder the CC to the pl258 "guts".  Is this correct?  Or should I solder
it anyway?

Your thoughts please.

Tnx and 73

Bob KQ2M