[TowerTalk] pulse rates for Phillystran/EHS combo?

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:52:29 EDT

In a message dated 9/30/00 12:17:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
74237.2073@compuserve.com writes:

> If a guy is composed of Phillystran at the top and equal-strength EHS at
>  the bottom, as usual, is its pulse rate the same for a distance and tension
>  as the EHS pulse rate?
>
>  Is there a readily-available formula I can use to calculate this?  I'll
>  have the
>  10% tension figures and the calculated lengths (taking elevation
>  differences
>  into account).  I'll also know what % of the calculated lengths is
>  Phillystran.

    I can fax you the formulas out of the TIA-222 but will refrain from
trying to put them in an email.

    Why don't you just use a Loos PT-3? It'll do guys from 9/32" to 3/8"
which should do your 5/16" guywires FB and is much more precise than using
the pulse method (which is much better for real long and real big guy
cables). The Loos is available from http://www.championradio.com.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Champion Radio Products